However, if you have been holding off from selling your home in winter because you feel as though it isn’t a good time for the market, you may need to think again. Yes, spring is traditionally the busiest time of year in the UK property market, but this doesn’t mean the market is quiet or not worth engaging with at other times of year.
People are looking for homes in winter
The Boxing Day Bounce phenomenon is relatively new in terms of the UK property market, but don’t forget the local property market has evolved a lot in recent times. The emergence of online property portals, smartphone devices and the ability for buyers to look at homes 24 hours a day from wherever they are connected to the internet has changed the market.
Rightmove astounded many people when they spoke of the uplift their website receives between Boxing Day and New Years Day. It appears as soon as Christmas Day is over, many people are looking for the next challenge or major event in their life. Moving home is as good as it gets when it comes to making a fresh start or turning over a new leaf, so you can see why many people are looking for homes at this time of year.
Connect with buyers looking for a home
Therefore, if you want to connect with these buyers, you also need to be present on property listings at this time of year. You may have a lot on your mind right now, but when it comes to reaching out to likely buyers, if you can devote some time to be present when they’re searching, you will enhance your chances of people taking an interest in the property.
Other key reasons to sell your home in winter include:
- If other vendors aren’t listing their home, you face less competition, which can only enhance your chances of selling your home
- You have the chance to make your home look enticing and appealing in winter, and this can help a buyer to fall in love with the property
- Any buyer who arranges viewings for this time of year is likely to be committed to the process
- Some buyers want to undertake viewings during school holidays so they can involve their children
- Any vendor who is keen to enjoy a fresh start in the New Year should be active now to enhance their chances of making a sale
All these reasons are valid, so you’ll hopefully see why there are many reasons to be active during the winter months. If you want to sell your home, contact Austin Property Services, and we’ll be happy to help.